Persona 3 The Weird Masquerade ~Gunjou no Meikyuu~ Male MC Version (Musical Stage Play)
Who don’t know Persona 3? For RPG gamer, it is a must to play game. Like, if you know Final Fantasy, you should know about Shin Megami Tensei series. Persona is the most famous title from Shin Megami Tensei series. Up until now, there are 4 Persona games, with the upcoming Persona 5. Though Persona 3 & 4 have few sequels / ports. Now, I will review the second musical, Gunjou no Meikyuu. Blame me that I watched from the 2nd because I didn’t know how many were there until I watched the ending and felt weird. I searched and found that it was the 2nd stage play. The 1st musical is Ao no Kiseki (Blue Awakening) about how the MC collected his friends, 2nd is Gunjou no Meikyuu (Ultramarine Labyrinth) with the battle of Strega, and the latest from last year is Souen no Kesshou (Bismuth Crystal).
I only watched the male MC version although there is the female MC, following its portable port. The original game only has male MC. It was because most of the stories were similar, with different fanservice etc. But maybe I will also watch the female version later. Both male & female MC actors are a voice actor/seiyuu with great singing ability. Amada Ken was played by two actors, both for male and female MC. Maybe because he is still a kid so it would be too tiring to perform on both versions. For referrer, please check its wikia. Well, let’s see the character art for SEES member.
Cast (taken from wikia):
- Male Protagonist (汐見朔也, Shiomi Sakuya): Shouta Aoi
- Female Protagonist (汐見琴音, Shiomi Kotone):
- Yukari Takeba: Maho Tomita
- Junpei Iori: Genki Ookawa
- Mitsuru Kirijo: Asami Tano
- Akihiko Sanada: Yuuki Fujiwara
- Fuuka Yamagishi: Marina Tanoue
- Shuji Ikutsuki: Shōichi Honda
- Pharos: Keisuke Ueda
- Takaya Sakaki: Takeya Nishiyama
- Jin Shirato: Yuuichi Matsumoto
- Chidori Yoshino: Haneyuri
- Ken Amada: Sakaguchi Waku / Suzuki Tomonori (Double-cast)
- Shinjiro Aragaki: Fujita Ray
Shouta Aoi (male MC) is famous when he voiced Mikaze Ai in Uta no Prince-sama. Asumi Kana is a very famous voice actress but I mostly don’t watch her anime. I played Guilty Crown Lost X’mas (Carol) and Zettai Meikyuu Grimm (Rapunzel) when she was there. Fujiwara Yuuki is also a seiyuu (Muma in Zettai Meikyuu Grimm & Jack Millers in Eikoku Tantei Mysteria). As for Matsumoto Yuuichi, I knew him when he acted as King in Clock Zero ~Shuuen no Ichibyou~ Re-verse-Mind. Fujita Ray have acted as Viscount Druitt in Kuroshitsuji Musical 2 The Most Beautiful Death in the World.
Everyone in this musical have great singing ability, except some of Strega member. Sadly, in the second musical, Yukari, Mitsuru, and Junpei didn’t have personal singing performance. But I feel that they are very great, especially Mitsuru’s actor. I love her cool acting.
+ Great singing ability from all actors.
+ The actors could match the seiyuu’s voice in game.
+ Cool battle projection, although a bit stupid to see every SEES member face backward. Second screen gives big impact.
+ Have few comedies that won’t be as boring as Kuroshitsuji 2 & 3.
+ Story followed its old scenario.
+ BGM comes from the game so it’s familiar.
+ Interactive question to the audience (made by Akihiko & friends at the beach). That’s funny.
+ Permanent main actors for each series. They have perfect role so I won’t be sad to lose them. Though Fujita Ray’s role is dead so he won’t be in the 3rd musical.
– Doesn’t include enough properties so it is weird.
– Chidori is missing forever?
– Not enough new song. Only character performances used new song.
– Small stage & boring background. Only the screen is changing. Even Clock Zero in the same small stage, used two different backgrounds image that could be replaced by another picture. P3 is depending only on its projector.
– Doesn’t have Koromaru, the dog. That’s not important though.
Nb: I don’t know whether it is in P3WM 1 or 3 that there is an onsen / hotspring scene. The male characters are half nude with only towel!