Poll for Artist’s Art in Otoge
I’ve created this poll, which contains of this few names for artist in otome games’ art, including the result:
1. Kazuki Yone (Hakuouki, Hiiro no Kakera) 38/109 = 35%
2. Nagaoka (Clock Zero, SYK, KamiKimi) 20/109 = 18%
3. Kurahana Chinatsu (UtaPri, Togainu no Chi, Lamento, Aquarion EVOL) 11/109 = 10%
4. Kazuaki (Starry Sky) 10/109 = 9%
Kuroyuki (Gekka Ryouran Romance, Black Wolves Saga) 10/109 = 9%
5. Other 8/109 = 7%
6. Tsukino Omame (Noise, Queen of Darkness. Second Reproduction) 6/109 = 6%
7. Sumihey (Shinigami to Shoujo) 4/109 = 4%
8. Fukahire (Atelier Elkrone, Tsukumonogatari) 2/109 = 2%
9. Maeda Hirotaka (TYB, Vitamin, Lucian Bee) 0/109 = 0%
Based on this poll, I think most of my readers keeps liking Kazuki Yone’s art despite her art is different now. I like her old art in Hiiro no Kakera and Hakuouki, but I think, I’ll pass in Kamigami no Asobi or Shimekiri drama CD (her latest work). Well, she has the biggest influence in early otome games so we’ll need to respect her. For the second place, Nagaoka won the poll (I’m very happy). But again, we won’t be able to see her art nowadays anymore. Let’s hope she’ll continue to create other arts for, maybe another developer, etc. Kurahana Chinatsu’s male art are very cool and handsome. I admit that, but haven’t try playing the games (Mostly because I have never played BL games before, maybe will change after DRAMAtical Murder’s influence. And she also created design for male characters in Aquarion EVOL, though I just like Shrade and Kagura there.
It’s sad that Maeda Hirotaka doesn’t have voter. But yeah, I guess it’s rare to see someone like her art. I don’t think it’s bad, but it’s unique and different than common. Well, her ‘Jesus’ in TYB is the only one I like from her job truthfully. Uhm , it’s just a vote so it won’t affect the real perspective of each person. I hope it will help to try selecting a few of their games to play. Enjoy playing!
Note: I have made a new poll.